What makes a TeacherCaregiver?
Our Comprehensive Evaluation Process
Learn how we vet teachers, child specialists, and educational nannies.
Our 20+ years as the leader in personal childcare enrichment, in conjunction with research in pediatric neuroscience and early education, gave us the foundation to:
- Identify key attributes of successful TeacherCaregivers (TeacherCare’s selected teachers, child specialists, and educational nannies)
- Rigorously screen candidates teachers and nannies.
- Develop tools and resources for successful long-term support for teachers and educational nannies once they are placed with a family.
- Personalize a childcare and education program to the needs and goals of your family.
TeacherCare directors combine advanced academic training and experience with a sincere dedication to your family. Your director will work closely with you to guide your search. She will use her knowledge and expertise to personally assess each applicant. This unique approach, along with our exclusive Six Evaluation Systems, allows us to share our expertise with your child and family.
- Education: We require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Many of our teachers and educational nannies have advanced degrees in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Psychology, and other child related fields.
- Experience with Children: All of our teachers and educational nannies have several years of experience working with children.
- Employment Stability: We look for proof that our teachers and educational nannies hold positions long term.
- Child Development Knowledge: We look for teachers and nannies that go beyond “babysitting” and caring for physical needs. Our candidates understand child development and age-appropriate activities.
- Dedication to Children
Interviews & Testing
- Multi-step Interviewing Process: All candidates undergo two interviews, performed by two different child specialists.
- Child Development/Appropriate Practice Evaluations
- Evidence of 24 TeacherCaregiver Success Attributes
References & Final Screening
- Employment Reference Check Program: TeacherCare will verify a minimum of 2 professional references for all teachers, educational nannies, and child specialist chosen to represent TeacherCare.
- Driving History
- Sex Offender Registry
- Criminal History (Federal and County-level)
- Social Security Checks
- Educational Verifications
Many factors influence this decision including:
- Education/experience classification
- Geographic needs
- Goals, values and approaches
- Restrictions in salary, ages of children or time
- Hands-on experiences
- Performance in related positions
TeacherCare candidates are educated and experienced in child-related studies/experiences such as:
- Infant, toddler and preschool programs
- Art, music, drama and dance education
- After school programs
- Home school programs
- Bilingual education
- Coaching, religious education, camps
- Child psychology, social work, counseling
- Elementary and early childhood education
- Au pair, nanny or babysitting
- Special needs education
- Gifted education
- Family studies
- Behavioral neuroscience
Find a TeacherCaregiver for your Family.
Your child deserves the best. Let us help find a personalized childcare specialist to help them reach their potential.