New York, New Jersey & ConnecticutA Teacher, Child Specialist, and Educated Nanny Agency
NYC, New York, Connecticut, and New JerseyRegister Now.
For over 20 years we’ve been helping families find extraordinary childcare.
TeacherCaregivers are the most trusted home childcare educators in the nation. Choosing a TeacherCaregiver can help you ensure that your child’s needs are met. We help your child reach his or her potential. Give your child consistent, personalized care and experienced teaching. Maximize your child’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development in a fun, playful and loving environment.
TeacherCaregivers hold bachelor degrees, generally in a child-related field, and are experienced childcare specialists. Many hold advanced degrees and possess unique child-related experience. TeacherCaregivers are evaluated and assessed for their child-development knowledge, their ability to provide age-appropriate guided instruction and other indicators of exceptional ability. See more about our screening procedures here.
- Infant Teachers, Child Specialists & Educational Nannies
- Toddler Teachers, Child Specialists & Educational Nannies
- Preschool Teachers, Child Specialists & Educational Nannies
- School Age Teachers, Child Specialists & Educational Nannies
- Special Needs & Gifted Teachers, Child Specialists & Educational Nannies
Contact TeacherCare's New York Team
There is no fee to apply or consult with us. Your Director will contact you shortly.
- New York: 212-808-0527
- Outside NYC: 888-TEACH-07
- Online: Apply here.
Areas of New York
- The Upper East Side
- The Upper West Side
- Lower Manhattan
- Park Slope
- Greenwich Village
Around New Jersey
- Jersey City
- Long Island
“After having a personal childcare teacher replace my nanny, I will use only TeacherCare. Here’s my comparison:
- My nanny fed Michael. My TC Jessica uses lunchtime as a playful hands-on lesson in pre-science or working cooperatively. He’s also learning manners and responsibility.
- My nanny was afraid to take Michael to new places. Jess explores NYC children’s museums, libraries, nature settings and sets up play dates.
- My nanny kept everything clean, but Michael was bored and uninspired. Jess helps Michael clean up the fun projects they create, and Michael beams with pride.
- Overall, my nanny cared for Michael’s physical welfare, but, Jessica cares for Michael’s full development and he has never been happier!”
“Having provided childcare in a center-based setting; I have come to realize that in a child’s mind there is no place like home. At-home childcare allows greater individual attention and awareness of a child’s needs and characteristics. I can create an individualized learning environment.”
Madelyn and I have daily routines that are divided into weekly lesson plans which vary in themes that all focus on social & emotional, language & literacy, creative & cognitive, and physical skills. We begin our days with a warm welcome where Madelyn is allowed time to warm up to me again and adjust to the new day. After this half hour time slot, we begin the days activities which are all broken down into twenty-minute enrichment activities. Throughout the course of the day we read several books to expand Madelyn’s vocabulary and imagination. We incorporate new arts & crafts activities, sensory exploration games, dance and songs, toddler exercises, and an outdoor activity consisting of a nature walk, or a visit to a park.